• establishing general policies of the school and monitoring the implementation of these policies by the Principal and/or duly constituted committees;
• ensuring that the activities of the school are in full alignment with the mission of the school;
• approving, adopting and monitoring the school's annual budget and employee salaries including teacher's salaries.
• receiving funds for the operation of the school in accordance with the charter school laws,
• soliciting grants and donations consistent with the mission of the school,
• appointing the principal and any other responsibilities described in the articles of incorporation and the by-laws of Fulton Educational Services, Inc. to ensure the proper functioning of the school.
However, the Board will not micro-manage the school and will adhere to the principle that the role of governing board is to make policies to run the school and supervise the execution of those policies. The day to day management of the school will be the responsibility of the school principal. The principal is also responsible for planning, budgeting, facilities management, recruiting staff, and supervision and evaluation of staff. The Board will ensure that these responsibilities are entrusted to a capable and experienced professional who shares the organizer's vision of the school. Assistant principals and administrative assistants will help the principal to lead the school in an efficient and accountable manner. Their responsibilities will include but not limited to planning and supervising instructional programs, conducting an effective advertisement / recruitment / enrolment program to ensure continuous operation of the school, supporting teaching by enforcing student code of conduct in a consistent manner, helping classroom teachers about classroom management issues, managing student services operations such as transportation and food program, and communication with parents and community via different channels such as newsletter or website about the school in general.