Graduation Credit: +: Will satisfy level 3 science graduation credit if pass both semesters
Class of 2010-11: Will satisfy chemistry credit for Biology/chemistry/physics plan
Or selective for biology/physical science/selective plan.
• Honors classes will move at a faster pace, will require more independent study, and will cover topics in greater depth.
• Honors classes will complete an additional number of required labs. Students must keep their lab notebook current and up-to-date, so honors chemistry students must have a strong work ethic.
• Any students who aspire to attend the Governors Honors Program or participate in highly competitive summer programs at university campuses are encouraged to complete an additional science project.
• Students will complete a literary review in addition to other research-related.
• Math proficiency is necessary since the course is a word problem solving format.
Other: In-depth study of selected chemistry topics and skills prepares students for future study in AP science courses.
Prerequisites: Teacher recommendation; Biology and concurrent enrollment in Integrated geometry or higher